Swebrick

För dig som hittat tillbaka till LEGO®. En mötesplats för vuxna entusiaster.
Huvudmeny

LEGO köper Bricklink

Startat av andli, 26 november 2019 kl. 14:22

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

Vad tycker du om att Lego köpet av Bricklink

Toppen, det här är ju hur bra som helst
7 (7.8%)
Meh, vem bryr sig
4 (4.4%)
Skit, det här är ju inte bra
15 (16.7%)
Vi får se, försiktigt positiv/negativ
64 (71.1%)

Antal personer som röstat: 90

Anders67

Citat från: Sara Skahill - LAN Engagement Manager - part of AFOL Engagement Team
Posted 4 hours ago
Citat4 hours ago, Jason Petrasich | OCLUG said:
This is an interesting bit of information that I hadn't seen elsewhere yet.  I'm a little surprised that this doesn't fall under CEE and @Tormod's leadership.   I'm not entirely clear on the internal structure within TLG, but i hope that Julia and Tormod can develop a close working relationship, so that decisions about BrickLink's operations would be first based on AFOL community needs and only secondarily to Marketing.   I'm excited to see what develops from this acquisition.

Tormod actually reports into Julia - if that helps clarify the structure. So they have a close working relationship already!

Citat4 hours ago, David - Solid Brix Studios said:
This is shocking. I would've never seen this coming from LEGO. On one hand I'm really happy to see that LEGO is taking the AFOL community even more serious to spend what was probably millions to purchase Bricklink. LAN now would will become even more important between the LEGO and the adult fans.

On another, I'm concerned that since LEGO might start policing certain products sold on Bricklink other then BrickArms. What about custom minifigures? Will the blank parts used to create them also disappear? Or other modified LEGO? How about BrickForge or Arealight where they produce custom elements to work on LEGO?

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the upcoming year!

Regarding custom parts -  We would like this to be a platform for LEGO Bricks and LEGO-branded products, as that was Dan's original vision.  This is an issue we will review as the deal closes.

Citat4 hours ago, David - Solid Brix Studios said:
Wait. Does this mean BrickLink's stud.io will replace LDD? Or vice versa?

Both offer creative fans great support.  We will review future opportunities for both following closing.  We  will certainly plan to support and evolve Studio.  The BrickLink team has done a great job developing this.

For those reading this whole thread, sorry if I'm repeating myself in the answers, just trying to address what questions I can!

Anders67

Citat från: Sara Skahill - LAN Engagement Manager - part of AFOL Engagement Team
Posted 2 hours ago
Citat3 hours ago, Hugo Santos said:
@Sara Skahill we use that term for LEGO elements that were not release in any sets, but do exist and off course are available only in the LEGOLAND workshops. But sometimes they are found in the wild in small or big quantities.

Thank you and @Fernando Correia, TechnicBRICKs for clarifying. This is an area where we will have to investigate further to get an answer for this question. Sorry I don't have further details on this right now.

Citat3 hours ago, Martin Clarke LUG'est said:
2. All those boxes of vrac that were given to AFOL / LUGS could now be sold via bricklink LEGO shop, (we would never know) driving many fan shops out of business.

I hope I am wrong time will tell...

We have no plans at this stage to start selling on BrickLink. There is a great community of sellers who have fantastic reputations and offer great customer service.  We want to preserve that spirit of independence.

Citat3 hours ago, Martin Clarke LUG'est said:
@Sara SkahillIf this is true a statement ??  In the future LUGBULK could be free to all AFOL participating through a LUG ?? Paid from profits from Bricklink.

An old English saying "Put your money where your mouth is."

It would be awesome to supply LUGBULK for free but I really don't foresee that happening, sorry.

Anders67

Posted 2 hours ago
Citat3 hours ago, Anna - theBrickBlogger said:
I just want to clarify that this is actually not true. I have been on BrickLink since Dan's times, and he repeatedly and clearly said that he likes and approves small customizers, but not clone products. So BrickArms, BrickForge, BrickWarriors, Little Armory, BrickTW, Arealight, Christo's Customs, Minifig.Cat, custom chromers, custom train tracks, custom stickers, custom capes, etc. were always welcome. Many of these customizers set up their own webshops when it became easier to accomplish that, but Dan always welcomed them, and many of them still operate BrickLink stores along with their own websites. In fact, Dan set up a separate section of the site just for custom items. He was however against clone brands like Lepin being sold on the site.

Now that BrickLink is owned by LEGO, of course they can change these terms, but please don't say that this was Dan's original vision, as it wasn't. He very much supported the small cottage industry of customizers that developed around the LEGO hobby.

Thank you for this background, I never had the opportunity to meet with Dan. I'll pass this message back to the team. It wouldn't however change our stance on this issue.

Citat3 hours ago, Joel Hoornbeek said:
I really hope there are changes (for the better!) with the Bricklink management.  One of the forum members there creates these comics, which seem to be pretty accurate:

http://v4ei.com/mini-fig-ure-outer/comics/index.php

These comics are very well done :)

Anders67

Posted 13 minutes ago
Citat2 hours ago, Alice Finch ArchLUG said:
Question: Does this mean that LEGO will continue on with the people who are currently working at BL? Or will it be brought in house with new employees in Billund (or elsewhere)?

Question: In the interview with TBB, there is this statement:  "From that perspective, you would not see BrickArms and guns and things that are potentially particularly connected to things like warfare and violence, which is something that we decided as the LEGO Group we would never support. Those kinds of things we would not want to see on the platform." How can LEGO continue to say they don't do guns and warfare with the continued collaboration of sets like Star Wars and Overwatch and the production of quite a few new gun elements? It is comments like this and the statement that 'there is no conflict of interest' that make it obvious to me that LEGO is perfectly ok with obvious contradictions or is deeply oblivious, neither of which inspires confidence in regards to this merger.

Bricklink will continue to be run by the existing management team and based out of California.  We plan to operate the businesses as fully stand-alone entities in their current locations.

Your second questions around weapons and LEGO brand guidelines - that's a topic which I've seen surface many times, and I don't want to divide the conversation here - our mantra has been that we encourage fantasy play but do not wish to show modern military themes.

Citat2 hours ago, Marty Mitchell said:
@Sara Skahill, I can tell you this is going to be an uphill battle in terms of getting AFOLs to be excited about this merger. Fear of the unknown is already running rampant, and the (understandable) lack of details in these very early stages is only fueling that fire. The sooner clarity can be provided to the community at large, the better.

One note I will also add from my own observations, the interview posted on Brothers-Brick came off as very PR-speak heavy to me. There seemed to be a lot of non-answers provided in response to real concerns about conflicts of interest, especially, and I believe that a real acknowledgement of the potential pitfalls and concerns as well as a conversation about it with the community would go a whole lot farther than simply trying to say there's nothing to worry about.

Overall, though, I guess there's not much to be done aside from wait and see what comes from all of this.

We do really want to share more, but can't until after closing - sometime this year.

Citat2 hours ago, Eljay Johnsen said:
What stance? We have yet to be provided a stance on account of being too early in this process, and instead being told the founder had a specific vision that would be adhered to - which has now been proven inaccurate. Unless you mean to suggest that if TLG comes to the decision to axe custom pieces, the founders views would not factor in.

Don't mean to argue, just seeking clarification. This is some of the largest news of the year and a lot of people are faced with massive uncertainty and will be for a while. Thank you for keeping up with the messages regardless.

Sorry, I should have been more clear: our stance related to modern military themes. As Alice quoted from Julia's interview, "From that perspective, you would not see BrickArms and guns and things that are potentially particularly connected to things like warfare and violence, which is something that we decided as the LEGO Group we would never support. Those kinds of things we would not want to see on the platform."

Citat2 hours ago, Anna - theBrickBlogger said:
I haven't seen anyone mentioning this yet, and it's unlikely that we will get an answer to this anytime soon, but I'm just wondering what's LEGO's long-term plan with BrickLink, because what they are doing now is opening them up to huge legal liability.

There is a long-term plan - we love our long term strategies here at the LEGO Group. Of course this, like many other questions raised here, cannot yet be shared. I'm not overly familiar with the issues you mention with eBay, but I trust our legal  and risk management team would be. Unfortunately, I don't have further information on this, it's best not to speculate but to instead see how things will play out.

Citat1 hour ago, Warren Elsmore said:
Our LUG hasn't had much time to think this through, but the comments I've seen so far are 100% negative.

I think this comment on Facebook says it all: 'I hope LEGO reads all of the feedback and takes a good hard look at the level of distrust being conveyed.'. This has gone down like a tonne of bricks (ie, really badly) for a whole variety of reasons which are stated above and elsewhere. Putting that all aside, if I was LEGO senior management - I'd be far MORE concerned about the fact they have misjudged the AFOL market so badly. @Sara Skahill - is the general reception of this being communicated back to Julia?

Not that it's my place to suggest anything at all - but if asked, I'd like to see LEGO put Bricklink put into some sort of independent trust. Separate enough from LEGO to cover themselves from lawsuits whilst giving AFOL customers and sellers confidence it's independent. Hell, I'd even offer to be involved in that if it ever happened!!

Reactions are being shared with Julia and the team.

We don't yet have details we can share on the future of BrickLink, but we want to keep independent spirit that has made BrickLink great. I do realize these are just words right now however, the community needs to see it to believe it - so please be patient until closing has completed.

Anders67

Sorry att jag spammer er - med detta är nog den största nyheten i år!

Citat från: Anna - theBrickBlogger - RLFM Ambassador
Posted 5 minutes ago (edited)
Citat28 minutes ago, Sara Skahill said:
We don't yet have details we can share on the future of BrickLink, but we want to keep independent spirit that has made BrickLink great. I do realize these are just words right now however, the community needs to see it to believe it - so please be patient until closing has completed.

Thanks, @Sara Skahill for keeping on top of the questions and concerns here. I know you can't share much, but just the fact that you are reading, responding, and relaying is a big help. May I suggest that someone from the team does the same thing on the BrickLink Forum before things get out of hand? Or perhaps ask Russell to gather questions, relay them to Julie, and have some official answers that he can post?

The BrickLink community weathered a lot of battles since Dan's passing. They are a hardy bunch, but they are also weary and salty. Giving them something to calm their nerves can be immensely helpful. For some, BrickLink is their livelihood as sellers, or the source of bricks for their businesses as brick artists, etc., so it makes sense that they have important questions and they would like to know as much as possible as soon as possible. Here are two main threads about the topic:

Comments on the announcement: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/community/newsview.page?msgid=1166622

Questions that the community would like answers to: https://www.bricklink.com/messageThread.asp?ID=260210&nID=1166680

BrickMe

Absolut inte, högst intressant att läsa. Den största hetaste potatisen på årtionden (ur TLGs perspektiv).
Har i nuläget ingen uppfattning om det är bra eller dåligt för oss konsumenter (köpare) men jag antar att de som har butikerna anar oråd på vad BL kommer förvandlas till. Hoppas dock bara inte att de kommer använda samma servrar som s@h framöver.....

Måns.S

Oj, det här kändes lite oväntat.
Angående Legos butik och LDD tänker jag  att om Lego nu köper ett företag med bättre konkurrerande plattformar kan ju förhoppningsvis innebära att Lego integrerar den tekniken i sina egna tjänst, vilket alltså skulle kunna ge ett bättre CAD-program (kanske Stud.io) och bättre butik/PaB.

Magnus den store

Kan inte någon lägga till en omröstning huruvida vi är positiva eller negativa?
Pluppsala finns även på Flickr. Välkommen!

Anders67

CitatSigne Lønholdt
Head of Community Growth
Signe Lønholdt
Administrators

421 posts
Community Name: Test
Posted 50 minutes ago
Ladies and gentlemen - dear ambassadors,

thank you so much for you questions and raising your concerns, voicing opinions and bringing important topics to the surface. As Sara mentioned we'll make sure to bring forward messages to relevant stakeholders (Julia Goldin, the Bricklink team, the internal teams working with the deal etc.).

In this period from signing with Bricklink until closing of the deal we allow the internal teams to prepare all the closing material. This means that in the pre-closing period we/ the company cannot share much detail. We'll try our best to answer your questions with the information we can give you at this point in time and as mentioned compile the feedback here, so it is truly valuable to hear your concerns and the different areas your flagging to us.

We'll be back tomorrow - I'll be responding and Sara will be enjoying a well-deserved Thanksgiving Holiday with her family and will be out of office the rest of the week.

Please continue to post and I'll be here to answer your questions tomorrow in the a.m. CET

Eigenbrötler

detta kan mycket väl vara början på slutet...
Ta en titt i min butik, jag kanske har bitarna du behöver?
 ▶▶▶𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖗𝖘◀◀◀

stej123

Citat från: Eigenbrötler skrivet 26 november 2019 kl. 23:06
detta kan mycket väl vara början på slutet...
...eller slutet på början?

Kwagge

Det var många som var negativa vid förra försäljningen också...

Klas Almqvist

Vad tror ni att man skall köpa bitar nu, före årsskiftet eller ha is i magen?

Peter S

Det finns så mycket som skulle kunna bli bättre med detta. T.ex att hantera alla AFOL-ärenden via detta gränssnitt (bulkbitar, q-element, BaP, ideas mm) och låta hemsidan bli en lekplats för barn. Men med tanke på deras oförmåga att få en funktionell site på Lego.com är jag tveksam. Är det bara jag som hamnar på framsidan av siten varje gång jag följer en länk därför att enskilda sidor inte kan hantera cookie-bannern?
Skönt också att de tog tillbaka påståendet att grundaren inte heller ville ha custom delar på sidan. Nu måste de hitta ett annat argument.
Med tanke på att det finns info om önskade färger i enskilda bitar på BL, kanske de också vågar producera  bitar som inte ingår i något set, om de ser att det finns en allmän efterfrågan.
Som sagt. Möjligheterna är enorma, men det krävs en vilja och ett know-how. Ganska ofta känns det som om de gör samma fel som andra familjeägda företag: att låta hjärtat(hos ett fåtal personer) styra besluten, med katastrofala  följder (framför allt ekonomiska). 

andli

Citat från: Klas Almqvist skrivet 27 november 2019 kl. 11:34
Vad tror ni att man skall köpa bitar nu, före årsskiftet eller ha is i magen?
Ha is i magen, försvinner Bricklink kommer bitarna upp via andra sidor..
Det är ju inte så att alla bitar Bricklink butikerna har i lager kommer försvinna eller ägas av LEGO.
De kommer fortsätta finnas tillgängliga att köpas på ett eller annat sätt...

(Säger han som väl nu kanske är uppe i 10 bricklink ordrar...)
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.