Swebrick

För dig som hittat tillbaka till LEGO®. En mötesplats för vuxna entusiaster.
Huvudmeny

[GoH] - Leaving Cold Rock

Startat av robinnilsson403, 14 augusti 2018 kl. 17:39

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

robinnilsson403

Jo, jag föll ju ner i det här med berättande igen. Det tog strax över en timme att få ihop historian på engelska, så ni får nog nöja er med den. Kortfattat så är det en liten förklaring på varför min sigfig Jaduin är där han är, och varför han vill börja utforska världen bortanför att vattna plantor.
Här på Swebrick antar jag att det mer handlar om byggteknik än historian, men ni får gärna kommentera båda om ni vill!

Old man Meciar returned to the small spring in the cliff again. Without this spring Cold Rocks would be a dead place, but with the help of the water plants could grow. The dirt, on the other hand, had to be carried for miles - but that didn't matter to Meciar - Cold Rocks was a safe from raids. There was only a small opening that led into the hidden ravine that Cold Rocks had been built into many years ago.

Meciar filled his bucket and turned around, and there he was, Janduin. He was not in his traditional white robes, but instead was dressed as he was going to do some dirty work. A pair of old pants and a worn shirt with both belt and suspenders. And he had a backpack! Was he going to the villages to trade like that?

"Uncle Meciar..:"

"What are you wearing! If you are going to trade dressed like that they'll rip you off!"

"I finished watering the t'mat, uncle, and just as I agreed with uncle Seirin I'll be leaving now."

"Leaving!? What has gotten into your head?! You are safe here. With us."

"I am not looking to be safe."

"Seirin! Get over here! What have you done to the boy!?"

Seirin walks over with his eyes closed. Janduin realized that Seirin hadn't talked to Meciar, opposed to his promise the night before.

"Well, Meciar, you see Janduin here wanted to know what happened, and how he came to be here..."

"And what?! You told him?"

"I don't know much of it, just that his mother..."

"Don't talk about it! It is evil I tell you!"

"But Meciar, Janduin is of age. He can make his own decisions now, and if he wants to explore his past, so be it."

"So," Janduin said "what can you tell me before I go, uncle Meciar?"

"Boy... I don't know much more than you already do yourself. Your mother approached from the north. Not a single piece of cloth was without holes, and there was some blood. She had gone thirsty for days, so it must have been a few days since she was at some civilisation, but as you know, that's not hard to do in this area."

"We must also tell you about her last word" Seirin interjected. "Juric, Estair, Janduin. We assumed it was three names, and we named you the last of the three. But it could as easily be villages, hills, rivers..."

"Or a spell" muttered Meciar. "Anyhow, we haven't heard any of them before or since."

"True" said Seirin "and I've kept my ears open every time I've been outside this ravine. I know it's not much to go on. Just north, and ask around. Otherwise you could go towards Petraea and the university. Perhaps someone there has heard those words before."

"Thank you, uncles. I promise I will see you again some day."

"Now, take good care of yourself Janduin!"

Later that day...

"Well, well, well, Meciar. I almost thought you didn't want Janduin to go."

"I didn't! Who will now serve tea?"

I first built this to add to my collection of builds inspired by the book series The wheel of time, and just as I was finishing Gideon told me that Book III was about to start, so I adapted the build to start of my story. For the original plan I needed some more space in front of the cliff, that's why there's some empty space. Some of my other previous builds may also be adapted in the future, where they fit in.

It's all built in modules, on two 32x32 moduverse baseplates, and parts of the cliff can be removed to ease transportation.

Any criticism, ideas, help, and what not, are most welcome! I know I'm bad at taking photos. I think I lack the patience for it...
I min skalle brann en motsats, En skogsbrand i en park
Där hundratusen apor, Fyller tonårsblanka ark

Gideon

Som jag skrev på EB så tycker jag att det är intressant start på din karaktärs historia och en plats som passar väldigt bra i Kaliphlin.
Tillgången på vatten bör ju i det landet vara helt avgörande var folk kan bo och inte :-)

Kul att Mars-modulerna redan kommer till annan nytta också ;)

LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.